7 simple suggestions
for returning to work
As a veteran office-based pediatrician, I have seven simple suggestions for returning to work, derived from working in a highly contaminated environment for 40 years, that I am certain will allow a safe return for most people.
- Assume the entire workspace (and consequently your hands) are contaminated at all times because eventually it will happen.
- Keep your hands out of your mouth at work or in public.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water just before eating lunch.
- Do not play with your phone while eating.
- Try not to even touch your food with your hands while eating if possible.
- No snacking with finger foods at your workspace.
- Wash thoroughly upon returning home.
Wear a mask and distance yourself to be extra safe as well, but don’t overlook what I feel is a much greater danger.
Letter: 7 simple suggestions for returning to work